Tuesday 4 October 2016

Yamaha RD 350 F2 '88 - Part 7 - Front fork maintenance

One of my RD's front fork seals was leaking oil through. To fix it I went and ordered a new seal kit from eBay made by Tourmax (FSD-002), which included both front fork seals and dust covers. I also replaced two metal slides (51L-23125-00 and 10V-23135-00) on both shocks, which help keep air inside the shock. I used same fork oil, Valvoline 10, as I used with my T250J front fork. While I had triple trees off the bike I went and greased both upper and lower steering ball bearings with a multipurpose grease.

Front fork seals and dust covers made by Tourmax.

Right front shock disassembled.
Note that there is one piece missing from this picture.
Right where the dotted line is supposed to be an O-ring
(10V-23147-00), but which is actually a washer.

New fork seals and dust covers in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment