Thursday 24 October 2019

'91 Honda CBR600F PC25 - Part 3 - '99 Honda CBR900RR SC33 front fork swap

I thought about couple of options I could upgrade my stock '91 CBR600F PC25 front forks to. I ended buying a set of front forks and wheels out of '99 Honda CBR900RR SC33 Fireblade. I thought USD front forks would have been too expensive and more difficult to install. I really like nineties six spoke Honda wheels which both share and I wanted to keep them on this bike. I had a hunch that these forks could just bolt on directly without any modifications but I wasn't totally sure of it. It was time to find out once I got them.

'99 Honda CBR900RR SC33 front forks


'99 Honda CBR900RR SC33 wheels

I started by taking off front fairings of my CBR. I used same technique than previously to hoist front end of my bike up. Now that fairings weren't in my way I decided to switch location of hoist strap little bit further back so that it wouldn't interfere removal of top yoke. Old front forks came off after taking off clip ons and top yoke.

Front fairings removed

Hoist strap location

Stock CBR600F front forks removed

Installation of SC33 Fireblade forks ended up being were easy since both front forks share same steering bearings and stem dimensions. Turning radius stays same as before and nothing makes any unnecessary contact. Only thing that requires modification is steering lock mount on frame. I didn't mess with it yet since I'm not totally sure what I will end  up doing with it. At the moment front forks are just installed for mock up. Let's see what comes up next 😎



I installed stock control switches and clutch perch for now


Ignition switch cannot be installed without
modifying frame mounts

Differences between PC25 and SC33 ignition switches

No comments:

Post a Comment