Monday 28 October 2019

'73 Suzuki GT250 - Part 10 - Michelin Cross AC10 front and rear tires

After getting rear hub and chain line mocked up and front wheel laced it was finally time to get new tires for both wheels. Before going to my local motorcycle and moped parts dealer and repair shop I had to get rear wheel rim aligned. After visiting few bicycle repair shops who weren't able to help me due to lack of experience and tools I got hint of one local light equipment repair shop which could fix it for me. I had quite tight deadline for getting it done and without mentioning it the owner of the shop did it during evening after work and was able to get the wheel ready for me for the next day. After picking it I delivered both of my wheels straight to the next destination to get new tires put on to them. I ended up choosing Michelin Cross AC10 tires since they are also approved for street use which will help me to get through inspection.

Here's a list of all items I got installed:

- Michelin Cross AC10 80/100-21 (51R) TT front tire
- Michelin 3.00-21 MD (TR4) inner tire
- Waycom rubber rim band 21", 22 mm wide

- Michelin Cross AC10 100/100-18 (59R) TT rear tire
- Michelin 3.50-18 MF (TR4) inner tire
- Waycom rubber rim band 18/19", 22 mm wide

Wheels ready for new tires

New Michelin Cross AC10 front and rear tires installed

Michelin logo

Cross AC10

Ended up choosing 100/100-18 rear tire since there isn't
much space in the RM swingarm for a wider one

Actual width of Michelin Cross AC10 100/100-18 rear tire

Front tire size

Actual width of Michelin Cross AC10 80/100-21 front tire

No comments:

Post a Comment